Lifeprint Versus Blueprint – Are You Living Your Ultimate Life Print You Always Wanted?
Yuli Azarch | May 11, 2016 | No Comments on Lifeprint Versus Blueprint – Are You Living Your Ultimate Life Print You Always Wanted?
How many of you have the feeling that what you are doing now, is not your life blueprint, or your life mission? Are you doing what you are fully passionate about every single day of your life?
I would love to present 2 concepts here, which are:
- Your life print: What you are actively doing on a daily basis. This may be your current job, career, impact you are having.
- Your blueprint: What you should be doing in your life, on a daily basis.
Some of you who are reading may be asking “print what?!” and are fully confused. It’s a bit deep. Let me explain.
Your life print doesn’t necessarily equal to your blueprint. In fact, for many people, it is not. It can be in the form that you right now have a 9-5 job and you know that is not right for you, or even if you have your own business, but not doing on a daily basis what you truly want or should be doing. Your life print is your current activities, businesses, projects and what you project in your life right now.
Your blueprint is what you are made for, it is what you do that you enjoy the most, passionate about, and that once you do it, time passes by fast, and you work on what you love doing. It is your mission in this life.
Perhaps what you are doing is not your true calling, and you are not enjoying to the fullest the current projects you have. And if that’s the case, and sometimes it is for me to be honest, and it is a struggle for myself, I believe it is OK. Steve Jobs said very nicely “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.”
I believe that everything happens for a reason, and even if you are not living your true blueprint, you are always learning from your experiences in some form, gaining knowledge and moving forward. I know I am, and I know I always gain more knowledge & skills from all of my businesses\projects and it will all serve me in anything next I will do. Knowing that there is such a thing as a life print and blueprint, and having those concepts, can make you appreciate what you have right now much more, and in the same time give you a concept & a certain objective\print to work on, to start evaluating on a periodic basis, what would be your ideal blueprint, what is that thing which is your true mission while we are here, and this will make you know what to head towards to in your life. It can also make you uncomfortable, in a good way, that you need to change some things along your path to get to your blueprint.
Here are a few things you can do to help you out moving towards your blueprint:
- Have a mission statement, in a format of one sentence. Something very easy that you can do every day for your life. Read that every morning. This will make you aligned towards where you are going. It is something quick and easy and will take you 30 seconds daily.
- Look at the mirror in the mornings, and ask yourself if today was your last day of your life, is that how you would want to spend it? I took it from the famous Steve Jobs speech once again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA). I have been doing it periodically since then, and this makes me wonder if I am spending my days in the best way possible. If not, I know something needs to be changed. A reminder that we are here for a short time is a great boost to go after your goals & dreams with no fears, realizing, there is actually nothing to lose.
- Goal setting. You must set goals. Are you setting goals now? “The ultimate reason for setting goals is to entice you to become the person it takes to achieve them.” — Jim Rohn. Setting goals that are big and scary, allow you to move more towards your blueprint from your current life print. I wrote down my 2015 & 2016 goals publicly here in the blog. I am progressing more on some, and less on some others. There is something very powerful about writing down on a sheet of paper the goals you have, and what you want to get.
Feel free to leave your comments below, and share your thoughts on the subject!