Hacking Happiness: Creating An Exciting And Compelling Future
Yuli Azarch | March 29, 2016 | No Comments on Hacking Happiness: Creating An Exciting And Compelling Future
You should always make the near future and distant future, compelling and exciting. That is where the real juice in life is I believe. If you have nothing to look forward to, it will not be exciting at all. It is an easy way to create happiness and excitement in your life, absolutely no matter what else is happening in life.
Did you set out and created some plans in the year, maybe a vacation, a trip, or some activities that will be exciting? Looking forward to them will make you exciting. This can be small plans that you have for the coming days, maybe an activity you wanted to do, a restaurant you wanted to try, talking to some friends or hanging out with them. It will help you get out of bed much faster, since you know you have things to do to look forward to the day.
I love the following quote “What is easy to do is easy not to do.” ~Jim Rohn.
The smallest thing in life that you can do,can bring the most happiness. They easy to do, but also easy not to do.
A few examples of things I do an on-going basis, that will make me excited towards them:
- I plan trips through the year. I know I’ll go to specific events, or countries, and it excites the heck out of me.
- I plan activities where I am for the coming days. It doesn’t have to be big, so it’ll consume all of my day, but something that may take 1-2 hours, and I know I love doing it, will make me look forward to it. One example is a sauna I am going a few times a week I love
- I have specific restaurants which I don’t go to every day, and I look forward eating their food.
- I have an empowering morning routine. I run to the beach first thing in the morning. Cannot wait to get up and do that!
- My workouts, I plan them so I look forward to them during the day, and put exciting music while I do them.
5 Minute Action Step: Create something that will excite you in the coming week! An activity, mini trip, and schedule it into your calendar. Have something small, or big, to look forward to in a few days.
This would be my small hack and tip for on-going happiness. Feel free to share yours!